Saturday, June 2, 2007

Recommendation | The Wine Diva & Kim Crawford


On Saturday night, my fiancĂ© and I attended an outdoor patio dinner in Bucktown. We arrived early and sat down at a table with none other than the Wine Diva – Christine Blumer. We attended one of Chris’s wine and cheese pairing classes at the Calphalon Culinary Center where she introduced me to what has become my favorite white wine – Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. Just the smell of it makes me happy and drinking a glass washes away any care in the world. She, of course had no idea that she had such an impact on my wine life, but I mentioned to her that I was serving this wine at our upcoming wedding in August. I jokingly said “She (i.e. Kim) is going to be our special guest!”. And wouldn’t you know, Chris says “Kim Crawford is actually a guy!”. So there you have it. Now, Kim will be our official Best Man at the wedding and we’re still looking for the perfect red to be our Maid of Honor – then we’ll have the perfect marriage.

I highly recommend picking up a bottle of Kim Crawford’s Sauvignon Blanc and enjoying it outside on a warm summer night. And if you love it as much as I do, then you also owe it all to the Wine Diva, so make sure to visit Chris’s website for information about classes and private wine parties.

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2006 is available at Sam’s Wines & Spirits for $14.99.

1 comment:

CityMarketSally said...

I could not agree more. Well priced, perfect summer wine. I really enjoy both of your sites and hope you're having a wonderful wedding day. We're less than two weeks from our first anniversary...cheers to wedded bliss!